Need to know how to get lots of volume in fine hair? Girl, we got you
Excuse me, fine hair? Yeah, I’m talking to you. I think you need to take a seat, because it’s time for volumised hair to take centre stage. And by that I mean, it’s time to learn how to get lots of volume in fine hair.
If you’ve got fine or thinning hair, you know the struggles that come with it. And I’m betting you’ve tried every technique, product, miracle treatment and hack to give it a little va-va-voom. So what gives? Why does it struggle to hold a curl and why does it look so sad and limp?
The answer lies in your hair care routine. You need to be choosing hair products that not only fight the effects of gravity on your hair, but that nourish and repair your hair too. And luckily, we’ve done all the hard work of finding these magical products for you! Say hello to Alfaparf Milano, the brand that is going to bring your limp, baby-fine strands back to life.
So, ready to learn how to get lots of volume in fine hair? Read on!
How to get lots of volume in fine hair: your go-to routine
Picking the right products for your hair is hard enough, but planning an entire hair care routine that ensures your hair is being properly moisturised, protected and taken care of? That’s even harder. Add in that your hair products actually need to work together to give you the hair of your dreams, and that’s a whole other level.
Thankfully, Alfaparf Milano’s hair care range, specifically developed to add density and texture to fine hair, will show you how to get lots of volume in fine hair.
With a volume boost complex, this range helps to restructure the hair fibre from the inside. It not only leaves your hair feeling fuller and thicker, but it actually improves your hair’s health so that it’ll grow even stronger in the future.
Want to see how to get lots of volume in fine hair? Let’s have a look at your brand new go-to hair care routine.
Step 1: Wash
Shampoo is your best friend! Don’t get me wrong, there are some shampoos out there that are a little drying. These are the kind of shampoos that strip your hair of all its good, natural oils. And when you have fine hair, you need a gentle shampoo that removes product build up and cleanses your scalp - not one that turns your hair into the Sahara Desert.
Good thing the Alfaparf Milano Volumizing Low Shampoo is exactly what you need. This shampoo is a body-intensifying shampoo that is both gentle and volumising. With each use, you’ll notice that it enhances the thickness of the hair fibres for natural volume.
Quick hair tips:
- Once a week, do a deep shampoo cleanse. You’ll want to use a clarifying shampoo - our favourite is the Joico K-Pak Clarifying Shampoo. A weekly deep cleanse will help to get rid of any stubborn product build up or residue.
Step 2: Condition
After shampooing, it’s time to hydrate and moisturise your hair.
Conditioner is essential, especially for those of you dying to learn how to get lots of volume in fine hair. A conditioner is designed to hydrate and untangle your hair, and it really shouldn’t weigh your hair down. This is why we love the Alfaparf Milano Volumizing Mousse Conditioner. It gives your fine hair body, texture and volume, while ensuring your hair is healthy and silky to touch.
How to use it & quick hair tips:
- After shampooing, shake the bottle well and dispense 2 dollops of mousse to the lengths and ends of your hair.
- Our hot tip? Apply the product with your head upside down. Start applying the conditioner to the ends, then work your way up to your roots. Well this might feel a little silly, this will ensure you don’t just dump all the product onto your roots.
- Leave to work for 1-3 minutes and then rinse out.
Step 3: Dry & Style
Now your hair is washed and moisturised, it’s time to dry and style it! When it comes to adding texture and volume to your hair post-wash, there are two types of styling products you can rely on: hair mousse, texturising spray and volumising powders.
Our favourite texturising spray, of course, is the Alfaparf Milano Volumizing Spray. Formulated with flaxseed extract, this spray will add shine to the roots and ends of your hair. It also has a colour fix complex, which means it protects against UV and has antioxidant ingredients to improve the longevity of your hair colour. Not to mention, it’ll ensure your hair stays volumised ‘til happy hour, and you’ll still be able to run your hands through it.
For hair mousse, we can’t go past the Evo Whip It Good Moisture Mousse. It improves styling, defines and holds without weighing your hair down, moisturises your hair and also provides humidity control. What’s not to love?
For on the go volume or an extra boost before you leave the house, we love volumising powders. The Evo Haze Styling Powder and Kevin Murphy Powder.Puff are cult favourites that both boost volume and texture simply by rubbing it into your hair. Plus you can just rub to reactivate!
Quick hair tips to get volume in fine hair:
- Blow dry your hair upside down using a blow dryer. You can also tousle your hair gently with your fingers or a wide tooth comb. Blow drying your hair in this way causes the hair to lift up from your roots, giving it creating volume and body. Don’t forget to use a heat protectant spray first though!
- To add extra volume to your hair, use a curler or hair straightener to add waves/curls to your lengths. They’ll give extra width, dimension and texture - making your hair look and feel fuller. If you want to switch things up from time to time, you can also flip your side part over to the other side. It’ll create the illusion of extra volume.
- Oh - and also, do some research on hair cuts that are ideal for fine hair!
Now you know how to get lots of volume in fine hair, what are you waiting for? You can shop the entire Alfaparf Milano range at Oz Hair & Beauty today, as well as the other products we mentioned!
With Afterpay and Zippay available, it’s time to finally get that bouncy, thick and voluminous hair you’ve been dreaming of.
You might also like:
- Excuse me, you need this hydrating hair mask
- How to protect your hair from chlorine in 6 steps
- Why you need a tangle tweezer brush in your life
Did you love this post? There's much more where that came from! Read about all things hair and beauty including our best selling mascara, the at home beauty regimes you need, and how to make a relaxing bath. Find all this and more on the Oz Hair & Beauty blog today!