We never thought we’d be professing our love to a hair dryer brush, but here we are. Although not a new concept (*ahem* just ask your mum), this hair dryer/brush combo is currently experiencing a major glow-up. And if you’re anything like us and suck at blow drying your hair 🙋, this little hair appliance is going to be your new best friend.
But how do you use it and what’s the best hair dryer brush you can get? We’ll reveal all down below, so keep reading.
Okay wait, so what is a hair dryer brush?
In a nutshell, it’s a big, round bristled brush that blows out hot air from the inside out. So as you’re styling or brushing your hair, you’re drying it. It combines both your hair dryer and brush, so you only ever really need one hair appliance to give yourself the perfect blow-out. It’ll not only save you time in the morning, but you’ll get gorgeous, bouncy hair! Who doesn’t want that?
Are they worth it?
We’ll level with you here. If the mere thought of blow drying your hair gives you pre-Princess-Diaries-transformation vibes, then yes you need a hair dryer brush. Especially if you’ve tried to get that perfect blow-out again and again, but always fall short.
And even if you’re on the other end of the spectrum (i.e. you’ve somehow mastered the art of blow drying), a hot air brush is perfect for touch-ups or when you need to get out of the house ASAP.
K, so now we know that you should get one, what’s the best hair dryer brush? Well, let us tell you...
The best hair dryer brush in the game
Introducing the Hot Tools Volumiser Professional One Step Blowout, quite possibly the best hair dryer brush you can get. Made from titanium, this hot air brush will give you volume, shine and a salon-quality blowout at home. Variable heat and speed settings also mean this hair dryer brush is ideal for both thick and thin hair.
With a large, oval rotating barrel, this Hot Tools brush will dry your hair within minutes. It also has tangle free, charcoal activated bristles that will ensure your hair is frizz-free, gorgeous and bouncy - every single time. What else will you love about this hair dryer brush?
- Rotating temperature dial which is super easy to adjust
- 3 heat and 2 speed settings
- Cool shot for finishing
- Worldwide voltage
- A rubberised cool touch end cap (so you won’t burn your fingertips off)
- Even heat distribution
- 1 year warranty
With all the features and technology of salon-quality hair dryers, but in a more convenient hair appliance, it’s no surprise this is the best hair dryer brush on the market!
How to use a hair dryer brush in 6 steps
- Start with clean, damp hair. Apply your favourite heat protectant (we recommend the ghd Heat Protect Spray, De Lorenzo Defence Extinguish or Evo Icon Welder Heat Protection Spray).
- Section your hair into three large sections (you’ll be starting with the bottom one), and use clips to pin them up. Turn on your hair dryer brush and set the heat and speed to best suit your hair type - thick, coarse hair will need higher speed and heat settings, whereas thinner hair will need less.
- Take the first section and place the brush under your hair at the root. Use the hair dryer brush to brush up and out until you reach the ends of your hair. If you prefer a softer look, you can slightly curl the brush towards your face so the hair curls inwards.
- Keep going until the section is dry, and then move onto the next section.
- If you want extra volume up the top, use the Hot Tools Black Gold Volumiser to brush that hair up and back.
- Finish with a cool blast. You can also set your hair with some hairspray or a hair styling product for extra shine and luminosity (we recommend the Kérastase Elixir Ultime Oil Serum or Moroccanoil Blow-Dry Concentrate).
And that’s it! Soft, flowing and beautiful hair in mere minutes. What’s not to love? You can also use this hair dryer brush to give your second or third (or fourth or fifth…) day hair a quick refresh. Use the same motions (up and out) to add the volume back into your hair.
If you’ve gone hard at the gym, make sure you get the roots and small pieces of hair near your neck too! This is where most of the sweat builds up during a workout, and if you want your blow-out to last, you need to make sure you’re drying it properly. And lastly, make sure you reapply your heat protectant each time too.
Say goodbye to frizz ball blow-outs and hello to gorgeous locks…
It’s safe to say that we’re a little obsessed with the Hot Tools Volumiser Professional One Step Blowout, a.k.a the best hair dryer brush - ever! Able to give you consistently beautiful results and super easy to use, it’s hard not to be!
Want to get your hands on one? You can get your very own at Oz Hair & Beauty today and pay later with Zippay or Afterpay. Time to chuck out that paddle brush and hair dryer combo and get shopping!