It’s safe to say we’re a little obsessed with face masks, I mean, how can you not be? So when we get in a brand that has taken your everyday face mask (and skin care in general tbh) to the next level, we get pretty excited.
Who are we talking about? Medik8, of course! This brand is a newbie to the Oz Hair & Beauty fam, but we’re already in love with them and their Ultimate Recovery Bio Cellulose Mask - which just happens to be the best sheet mask ever.
Want to get to know Medik8 and why you need to add not just the best sheet mask, but all their skincare, to your routine? You better keep reading 👀.
Get to know Medik8
Founded by Elliot Isaacs, Medik8 was born out of a passion to strive for better skin health and results. From anti-aging to blemishes and pigmentation, this brand just gets skin. They’re not only trusted by dermatologists, doctors and skin care specialists, but by pretty much the entire skin care community.
As a professional, cosmeceutical brand, they’re all about helping you maintain beautiful and healthy skin. The 8 in their name stands for 8 core principles, which include:
- Simple: their skin care is simple, effective and suited for every skin care concern.
- Tailored: fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation or spots? Medik8 has got you covered.
- Clean: they know what to add in and what to keep out. You won’t find any parabens, sulphates or micro-beads here.
- Artisan: their serums are handmade to ensure the active ingredients are powerful and effective.
- Free thinking: they develop all their ideas in-house.
- Professional: you’ll only find Medik8 at professional trained clinics, spas and specialist websites (🙋).
- Technology: Medik8 develop and patent their own original research.
- Ethical: 100% animal cruelty-free and committed to being eco-friendly.
Okay, so now we’ve given you the low-down on the brand, it’s time to get into why theirs is the best sheet mask.
Tell me more about the best sheet mask ever
Deeply soothing and nourishing, the Medik8 Ultimate Recovery Bio Cellulose Mask is ideal for all skin types. Since it’s free of alcohol and fragrance, it’s especially safe for those of you with sensitive skin!
What makes it the best sheet mask though? It has to do with its magical ingredients. This sheet mask is made with bio-cellulose - a material that creates an impenetrable veil that locks in moisture tight and deeply infuses the serum into the skin. The serum is also enriched with marine algae, hyaluronic acid and natural zinc which work hard to leave you with a supple, dewy and completely refreshed complexion.
Plus, it can be used after professional treatments such as microneedling and microdermabrasion! If you’ve ever gotten microneedling done professionally, you’ll know how good it feels to put anything cold on your face (if you’ve not had it done, spoiler: you look sunburned as heck).
How do you use a sheet mask?
Using sheet masks is super easy:
- Start with a clean face.
- Take the sheet mask out of its individual pack and gently unfold it in your hands. Peel away a single side of the outer protective layer.
- Holding the top of the mask, align it with your forehead and press it gently onto your face.
- Smooth down the rest of the mask onto your face, making sure it aligns with your eyes, mouth and nose. Then take off the second protective layer.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes (call your bestie, find a Netflix show, run a bath - you do you).
- Gently lift away the mask and massage the remaining serum into the skin.
Where does it fit in with the rest of your routine?
You can use this sheet mask as a weekly hydrating treatment or whenever your skin needs a boost! Always apply it to freshly cleansed skin, otherwise the mask can’t work its magic.
Do I need to moisturise after a sheet mask?
It’s not always necessary to use a moisturiser after a sheet mask, but it is a great idea to do so. The moisturiser will lock in all the goodness from the sheet mask’s serum and will prevent any product from evaporating.
For extra fab & dewy skin, give these Medik8 products a try
While Medik8’s mask is clearly the best sheet mask ever, they’ve also got an ~amazing~ range of other products you should try. We’ve picked out our top favourites to get you started.
If you’re not already aboard the peptide train, you need to be. Peptides, especially when used around the eye area, can minimise dark circles, give a boost of hydration, reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness.
This night moisturising cream is your new best friend. While you sleep, it deeply hydrates and restores your skin with a powerful blend of dragon fruit extract, saskatoon berry and peptides.
Offering protection from free-radical damage, blue light, the sun and more, this is a powerhouse moisturiser. It’s not only super hydrating, but also prevents premature skin ageing too!
If you know about retinol, you’re gonna love its cousin - retinal. Unmatched in its age-defying power, retinal can deliver results comparable to clinical-grade vitamin A (up to 11 times faster than classic forms of retinol). It can also help reduce pimple-causing bacteria to keep skin clear and balanced!
If you can’t tell, we’re incredibly excited to bring Medik8 and their amazing range to you guys. So excited in fact, that we’re giving away 1x Ultimate Recovery Bio Cellulose Sheet Mask sachet with each order. So if you want glowy, dewy and beautiful skin, you better get shopping!
Shop the entire Medik8 range at Oz Hair & Beauty today and pay later with Zippay and Afterpay.