If you’re anything like me, its February and you have already forgotten your New Years Resolution. So I’m giving us both a new one: invest in natural skincare (our skin says thank you in advance).
In saying this, the world of natural and organic skincare can be a confusing place to navigate. It's often we see brands mislabel their products, claiming to be "organic" or "non-toxic" when in reality they be cat-fishing. But every once in a while, we come across miracle products that tick all the right boxes.
So on that note, everyone, meet Jojoba. Jojoba, meet everyone. That’s pronounced ho-ho-ba, say it a few times, and surely now you won’t forget the name.
Now that you’re introduced, what the f is Jojoba?
Australian made and owned, think of Jojoba like a miracle product that will help pave your journey to attaining a smarter and more natural skincare regime. Jojoba is unlike any oil, because to put it simply it isn't one.
Jojoba’s signature super-ingredient Australian Wadi-Wadi Jojoba, will activate your skin’s natural intelligence, to promote healing properties and help your skin help itself.
To sound like a scientist real quick, Jojoba shares the same molecular structure as the natural wax esters found in healthy human skin, making it more receptive to receive vital nutrients and antioxidants.
So in short, Jojoba is liquid gold, leaving your skin feeling refreshing and revitalised, to bring you the confidence needed to ditch that Snapchat filter #allnaturalbaby.
Jojoba oil = multitasking queen
You know the saying "the devil works hard but Kris Jenner works harder?" Well, Jojoba oil strips Kris Jenner from that title. You can use Jojoba in an array of ways:
- Skin cleanser: Glossy skin is on the horizon with Jojoba oil being used as a skin cleanser. All you have to do is place a small amount onto your fingertips or a soft cotton pad and rub gently onto your face.
- Moisturiser: To use the Jojoba oil as a face moisturiser, apply on dry areas after moisturiser creams have been applied. As a general rule of thumb, oils can penetrate moisturisers, but not vice versa.
- Spot treatment: Say hello to clear skin, by massaging a small amount of Jojoba oil into your skin in circular motions, targeting acne spots, for 1-2 minutes. Use a warm wash cloth to wipe off excess oil.
- Haircare: Treat your hair good by applying a few drops of Jojoba oil above the scalp, and working down evenly to tips. Leave in for 20 minutes, and then complete the rest of your hair routine. Voilà, hair goals!
- Body: Jojoba oil can typically be applied anywhere on your body, without being diluted (another big yes).
Plus a pro tip - You can mix Jojoba oil in with your other skincare products such as another oil, gel, cream, or a clay face mask (I mean talk about multi-purposeful!)
Jojoba oil is like the mum of the friendship group. Reliable, trustworthy and down to make everyones lives a little bit easier. Finding a way to incorporate Jojoba oil into your routine is definitely something you won't regret.
The main benefits for Jojoba regarding the face and body include:
- Moisturises and repairs sensitive and problem skin, including acne.
- Naturally rich in vitamins A, D and E plus omegas 6 and 9.
- Incredibly soothing for dryness, dehydration, redness and irritation.
On top of this, Jojoba oil holds a variety of healing properties, which make it effective in treating skin conditions such as:
- Dry skin
Multi-purposeful, incredible for your face and skin and organic af - what more could you ask for?! Smash 2021 with a more smarter and natural skincare regime. Shop Jojoba oil from The Jojoba Company today at Oz Hair & Beauty.