L’Orèal Steampod: Straighten your hair without the heat damage
If you are anything like me your hair is a frizz ball without a hair straightener. In fact, I have been straightening my hair ever since the early days of high school. Unfortunately for my locks, I had no idea about how damaging hair straighteners could be. I never even used heat protectant sprays, oils or mists until a few years ago.
Safe to say I now have a healthy straightening routine that’s down pat. But in saying this, I am always open and curious when I learn about other types of straightening methods out there. So, when I heard about the L’Orèal Steampod - a styler designed to create smooth, silky looks without sacrificing hair health, it’d be fair to say I was intrigued.
What is L’Orèal Steampod?
The Steampod 3.0 is a revolutionary steam straightener with innovative technology that uses the combination and power of heat and steam to style hair. I must say at first, I was very sceptical, especially when I heard that steam is used. I just thought “doesn’t steam equal more frizz?”.
But I soon learnt the answer to that was a hard no. The steam allows for faster shaping of the hair fibre thanks to the water molecules that are created when steam is applied. Essentially, the styler evenly distributes steam throughout the hair, creating slick straight styles to bouncy af waves. The choice is yours.
The appliance itself comes in a new ultra-sleek and premium design, which is 37% thinner and 14% lighter than Steampod 2.0. It has a fully integrated water tank that’s built into the handle, making the tool much more compact and convenient to use. With just one application, your hair will result in a beautiful natural and healthy-looking finish that is soft and shiny.
What are the benefits of the L’Orèal Steampod?
Think of the L’Orèal Steampod as your hair bestie without the heat damage. The unique design allows steam to pass through hair during styling, which maintains hydration, smooths, and minimises damage. This is because the steam seals the hair cuticle, with the anodised floating plates minimising damage for smooth, silky results.
What is also fab is that you aren't just limited to straightening. You can curl, straighten or wave any hair type 2x faster and smoother with 91% less damage than regular hot tool appliances (Wowza!). This means you can get powerful hairstyles, powered by steam, without damage and say goodbye to burnt ends.
Another great benefit of the Steampod is the temperature control. There are different temperatures to choose from (180°C to 210°C, depending on your hair type and thickness). The intuitive control panel makes choosing and locking in the perfect temperature for your style a breeze, and helps further minimise heat damage.
So how does the L’Orèal Steampod work?
To ensure the best results make sure to follow the following steps when using the L’Orèal Steampod:
- Use the Steampod only on dry hair. So, this means blow-dry or naturally air dry your hair beforehand.
- Using a small bottle, fill up the water tank, which is fully integrated into the handle, with demineralised water. This will protect the tool the best and lessen the chance of not clogging the inside mechanism that allows the steam to flow through. This tank can straighten up to 192 metres of hair without having to refill it!
- Fit the water tank back into the handle.
- Switch it on and select the temperature you want. The device will be ready once it stops flashing.
- Time to style. Keep in mind that slow and steady wins the race in this circumstance. Divide hair into 1-inch sections and gently press the plates together over each section. This process may be a bit more time consuming but it is worth it since you are saving your hair health.
- Repeat step 5 until you finish your desired look and are happy with the smoothness and overall style.
- Continue until entire head is locked in and smoothed out for a sleek, silky finish. If you are wanting to wave or curl your hair instead of straightening, do the same C motion as you normally would with a hair straightener or wand.
Recommended to use with the Steampod:
For ultimate hair goals you can add in the following recommended product as part of a two-step regime in conjunction with the L’Oréal Professionnel Steampod 3.0.
The hero product you can add to your regime is the L’Oréal Professionnel Steampod Concentrated Serum. This high-definition smoothing cream is suitable for all hair types, and is designed to help protect and repair hair that is regularly styled with heat. It also provides 24hr humidity protection and a protective shield for your ends, as well as leaves hair looking smooth and frizz free. Plus, it helps with adding extra shine and gloss to your finished look.
How to use:
Option 1: After using the SteamPod 3.0, add 1-2 drops of the Serum into the palm of your hand. Distribute it evenly throughout the ends of your hair for maximum shine and anti-frizz protection.
Option 2: Add 1-2 drops of the Serum into the palm of your hand. Apply the onto towel-dried hair before blow-drying for additional protection. Once your hair is dry, style as per normal with the SteamPod 3.0.
So, what are you waiting for? You can achieve the perfect balance between performance and care to make the impossible possible – heat style your hair without sacrificing it all! Shop the L’Oréal Professionnel Steampod today at Oz Hair & Beauty.